AVOID DOING THESE YOURSELF; LEAVE THE DIY CRAZE!
There is ecstasy and feeling of satisfaction for actually doing something with your strength especially when you just acquire the knowledge and you carried out the self-given task entirely, there is this quiet noise calling you a badass. There is this feeling of seeing yourself as a fast learner and an overcoming thought that will continuously be inspiring no need for a professional during your house repairs or mini repairs. Life is not a home renovation TV show, or a daily tutorial on YouTube, I will say that the real Joy comes when you know your limit. Know when to call the professionals.
As we all know, some house repairs can be handled easily why if the same thing is done to some other complex ones, it can lead to high consequences that can drain away your earnings and savings. Below are a short list of some things you should stay away from; it isn’t hard, just stay away.
- Gas Appliances: In the next point, what I will discuss is the electrical appliances. But do you know that gas appliances and electrical appliances are similar both in risks and in their various prices. Gas is highly risky, so risky to the extent that if wrongly tickled it can lead to death or outbreak of fire which will be a damage to the surrounding folks, lead to health damages and the properties around. Gas appliances should be attended to by professionals; repaired and reinstalled.
- Electrical Appliances: Electricity is just too dangerous, just too risky I say once again. The moving current, its immediate fast effect that can fuse the blood flow. Frank Cohn, the owner of Cohn Construction Ltd, says “Number one on my list of jobs for homeowners not to do themselves would be electrical.” Personally, I have fixed electrical appliances by myself and I learned with experience, maybe that’s why I speak with a much affirmation. I won’t speak much about electricity, I will only say get a professional.
- Plumbing: My daddy is best at this, let a pipe leak, the next thing you will see is my hardworking dad, and he will be accompanied by equipment to solve the problem. He has almost all equipment for all house repairs. From refrigerator to the washing machine, the microwave, air conditioner and virtually all appliances at home. He has made errors in electricity and gas repairs before but not in plumbing. But still, I will tell you not to DIY plumbing work, just let it go and get an expert.
- The Crack In the Wall: this known as structural work. Is there some opening on the wall? The ceiling and many others. Let the stress off your head, get an expert and let your work be handled with a topnotch artistry.
- The Garage Door: security is one of the most import stuff, and you can make a mistake of treating it with carelessness. No matter how happy human beings can be, there is this silence fear of arm from the unknown, even in the presence of all security and protection. Since all human knows this, you can’t just afford to keep your rides in the garage and have a broken door. Don’t proof bossy; the master of all knowledge. Just get the needed hands and reduce your fear; live in peace and leave the pieces.